Need More Power

RobbieJ

Looking to gain more power from my 318. Apart from changing the exhaust, air filter and remapping whats a good way of upping the horses? I've heard changing the manifold for a 328 is a good mod but suggestions would be appreciated.

Didn't think it could be done but sure i read in Performance BMW that it could. Thats why i was asking? Not had a BM this low in the power before. Was thinking of a engine swap, what would be the best to go for 328 or a 3.2 M3?

Gav, which works out cheaper, SC, Turbo or itb's?

Robbie Im new to the Bimmer thing to dude so im asking the same questions lol.

im interested in the inlet swap.......

Would be cheaper with a transplant mate.

If your willing to fork out and put time in, best you could do would fit a 3.2 M3 evo.

But by the time you have brought lump, gearbox, diff, brakes etc, you prob could have brought a Decent Evo.

Thats what i was thinking. To be fair i bought the car cheap as a little run about for my ex. It was too good to scrap so i thought i would do it up, give me something to do, but i need more ponies. I'm cutting my teeth on this and trying to do most of the work myself, but i think it maybe cheaper changing it for an M3. Like i said this is a project for me so i'll see where i take it in the next couple of months but any advise would be great?

Thats what i was thinking. To be fair i bought the car cheap as a little run about for my ex. It was too good to scrap so i thought i would do it up, give me something to do, but i need more ponies. I'm cutting my teeth on this and trying to do most of the work myself, but i think it maybe cheaper changing it for an M3. Like i said this is a project for me so i'll see where i take it in the next couple of months but any advise would be great?

I can understand dude.

Forced induction is probably your best bet, maybe a supercharger and creating your own kit would be a nice project.

Thinking of creating my own S/C kit and adding a S/C to my 330ci next year.

Thats on my shopping list for my 650, which should make it untouchable, but whats this kit your thinking of making for your 330? I ain't no mechanic so you might have to talk in laymens terms. Lol. Wouldn't know where to even start about making my own kit. As for putting it on my 318, think i would rather upgrade the car to a 328 or M3 Evo and doing it to that. Think it might be wasted on a 1.8

Looking to gain more power from my 318. Apart from changing the exhaust, air filter and remapping whats a good way of upping the horses? I've heard changing the manifold for a 328 is a good mod but suggestions would be appreciated.

Hey Rob,

As snypa said, your motor is a 4 Cylinder so you can't fit a manifold from a 6 Cylinder onto it.

As for an engine conversion, there really is no point. The M3 engine works well in the M3 chassis where as it would not in your 318i chassis. This is because the absence of the uprated suspension, Diff etc. etc. Unless your going to do something really fun like put an S model engine into a car that it was never factory built with, there is no real point.

I say drag as much power out of your 318 engine as you can! :D

Daz

Schmiedmann do manifolds for 4cyl models , and complete exhausts .

Gas flowed head with bigger injectors . New high lift/longer opening cam with air filter and re-map .

Wudda thought that lot shud get another 30 BHP or so .

Depends how much ya wanna spend really

Schmiedmann do manifolds for 4cyl models , and complete exhausts .

Gas flowed head with bigger injectors . New high lift/longer opening cam with air filter and re-map .

Wudda thought that lot shud get another 30 BHP or so .

Depends how much ya wanna spend really

Pricey, Pricey lol

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links