E36 318Ti M-Spec Wip...

Hey folks Im pretty new here so please bare with...

Im buying the car in April from my mate down the road, with him being so close I have the advantage of making a start on little things soon.

Anyway its a 318 ti, completely stock at the moment apart from carbon wrapped b pillars and door handles I originally did for him.

I like it so it will stayonce I get the keys.

ive just ordered the M3 steering wheel which will be retrimmed in black alcantara with white stitching.

I already have a ton of M bits in my sights including pedals, knobs, mats, basically the full interior :)

Externally I want to make her an M3 replica possibly with a touch of stance, depending on budget.

performance side of things probably wont change much, ill probablly just change the induction , exhaust and a remap.

So im pretty much going down the lines of a stanced M3 replica.

Ill get some pics up as and when.

For now any hints and tips to this bimmer virgin would be greatly appreciated :)

The car -

Sorry for crappy iphone shot!

35442_274602885984889_2036122151_n.jpg

The Vision -

304297_277683779010133_1345938318_n.jpg

ill also add that from two previous projects over the last two years has left me with a nice pile of parts like a remus backbox, a few trs bits n bobs, a full discreet ice system, a very large pipercross cone made for Cosworths lol and a box load of js performance and sfs hoses.

Sounds good mate.

But with a 318 and most small engine petrol BMW's you wont gain much preformance difference with exhaust, intake and remap.

You will get a better sound from the intake and exhaust, but not much prfeormance difference.

As far as a remap...I honestly wouldnt bother mate. For the money you will pay out for such a small gain.

yeh thats the thing, wont be a huge gain for the cost, however, im hoping to get a discounte and it will hopefully give her a little spring in her step again.

on a side note, what about a power boost valve? I know theres mixed opinion on them across the scene....

however if I get a better gain for less cost, could it be worth trying out?

My mate was talking to me about these yesterday.

From what I can gather its a different fuel pump that puts 1.5 more fuel into the engine.

But from what I have read (unrelated to Power boost valves) early combustion, which i think extra fuel would cause, would cause engine knock...which is bad news.

Right, I could do with some advice on "Stance" lol.....

My aim is to run a static setup aka coil overs, But I want to get a slight stanced look, However, Nothing over the top.

Apart from Coilies/spacers, What else am I going to need to get a bit of negative camber?

Sorry for the newbie questions, But Stance is an unknown area to me at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links