Newbie X5 Says Hello

Scotia

At last, an X5

just got her last week - bit of a rush buy - good price and got excited (4.4i S 2003, 99kmiles for £5k), typical - working my way through a few minor flaws I failed to notice in my state of delirium.

So far;

• fixed sound on the system - found advice on another forum re taking out and simply putting the fuses back in - worked straight away - sound system back and running - car probably sitting idle for weeks and battery shutting down peripheral system drain.
  • Set of tyres for the front - steering not so heavy now and less bumpy with the new treads.
  • Parking sensors not working - found advice on here about testing for 'click, click' etc - will try that today if I get a chance
  • rear windscreen wiper not working - advice on forum about cleaning contacts first before replacing motor itself - again, when i get a chance
  • previous owner/dealer has diconnected hose from water tank leading to headlight washers for some reason - hose missing, tank blanked off with a bolt and pump disconnected (rear and front screen washers work) - spent ages online trying to get pictures/diagramatics of the washer system (Haynes don't do the X5 I have found out which is a bit of a surprise) - may have to spend some time at the breakers' yard and work out what i need (unless any of you guys can post/send photos/video of the hose assembly and where it is supposed to go!)
  • touched-up (oo-err) the paint chips in between rain showers
  • have noticed a slight weep from coolant expansion tank - not sure where it coming from - under top lip/edge from body itself - a split or hairline crack in tank? - might just get a replacement from scrapper or on e-bay
  • fixed fault error warning for front fog lights - opened up the front d/side lamp and surprised to find rear connector plug missing - new one from e-bay for £7 - fitted and working fine

so much to do and so little time to do it - once I get these things sorted will move on to 'pimp my ride' mode and think about tarting her up a bit with lights, chrome accessories and whatever else I can find that will retrofit...

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links