Third Brake Light Unit

Hi everyone. My 3rd (spoiler) brake light unit needs replacing. The red plastic bit doesn't sit right and water has been getting in for months now I suspect (only bought car 10 days ago) found battery well full of water! Anyway, I've been looking for one online but they seem as rare as hen's teeth to get hold of! The bulb casings have rusted and the black inside cover plate is distorted and doesn't fit. I need the whole unit. In the meantime, I've sealed around the light until I can replace it. I've been asking around locally, made a few phone calls (even tried to phone the local BMW Dealership who's line was constantly engaged!) and suddenly I remembered this forum! :o Where better to ask for help/advice/tips on where to get one of these rarities! Apart from that... touch wood... my girl is the most wonderful creation on four wheels :wub:

Thanks for any help

Jo X

Heylo Jo, hope your well

Not to worry, the part its self may be rare but smegheads wrapping the entire car around trees isn't. Especially if where talking about the same drivers (Heavy footed BMW'ers... :rolleyes: )

What ya need to do is fire loooooads of messages to people breaking Z3s on Fleabay like this lil number: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z3-Convertible-2-8-2000-breaking-for-spares-low-mileage-parts-available-/230824226106?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35be322d3a#ht_500wt_1156

Go from there... :)

Daz

Thanks Daz! Have just emailed him. Tried one yesterday on ebay doing exactly tyhe same thing, but got reply that it's sold :( So, I am kinda on the right track then?! :P

It took over 50 emails over a year for me to find a rear bumper for my '87 5 series :) Your on the right track. KEEP GOING!!

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links