Bmw Newbie

About to become BMW driver due to purchase from Brother of 318 coupe S reg dark blue - full soft black leather interior with body mods so it resembles M3 - He paid 24K new and was intending to take it abroad to reside at holiday property but change of mind allows me to aquire .It has been garaged for approx 5 yrs and started periodically - he took it to BMW a while ago to get it back to scratch and cant remember the exact figure but circa £1000 was spent on new brakes - discs - pipes etc etc . Brother claims back box will need changing as he thinks it may fall apart if touched (Most prob still original) Car had new heater rad behind dash a couple of years ago he paid BMW garage about £350 they tried to increase it by several hundreds when they realised how tough a job it was . Car looks absolute mint but is sure to have suffered due to lay up - Tyres etc Brother claims also car will not tickover now (He is not a petrol head) i wonder if its just idle contol valve at fault . Any thoughts chaps and is it poss to get car on classic insurance as thats how i insure the 2 cars i have at moment due to them being aged .

Senator still is a proper car 3-0 straight six 180bhp and this has only done 70k engine is mint although does drink petrol at a fair rate - Saw it at Tatton Classic car show 6/7 yrs ago and it was like new i told owner if he ever sold it to let me know and wrote my tel number on a !Removed! packet . Jeeeez 2 yrs down the line the bloke rings and i purchase ,went 4 yrs passing mot without a single advisory .Last mot it failed on some rust at back end of cill so had new metal welded in and it then passed . I have the Coupe version Badged - Opel Monza GSE only about 30 still on the rd.

About to become BMW driver due to purchase from Brother of 318 coupe S reg dark blue - full soft black leather interior with body mods so it resembles M3 - He paid 24K new and was intending to take it abroad to reside at holiday property but change of mind allows me to aquire .It has been garaged for approx 5 yrs and started periodically - he took it to BMW a while ago to get it back to scratch and cant remember the exact figure but circa £1000 was spent on new brakes - discs - pipes etc etc . Brother claims back box will need changing as he thinks it may fall apart if touched (Most prob still original) Car had new heater rad behind dash a couple of years ago he paid BMW garage about £350 they tried to increase it by several hundreds when they realised how tough a job it was . Car looks absolute mint but is sure to have suffered due to lay up - Tyres etc Brother claims also car will not tickover now (He is not a petrol head) i wonder if its just idle contol valve at fault . Any thoughts chaps and is it poss to get car on classic insurance as thats how i insure the 2 cars i have at moment due to them being aged .

Hi,

Feel free to give us a try for a quotation if you like. We can offer 2nd car, limited mileage policies for this type of vehicle.

Regards,

Dan.

Had my Monza and Senator on classic insurance for the whole period i have owned them through Ad/Flux and your competitor Lancaster .but they are 1985 Monza and 1988 Senator is there an age when BMWs qualify ? seem to remember it was 15 yrs with the 2 mentioned .

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links