How Do You No When Your Diff Is On Its Way Out

sean1234

Guest DazH

Typical is a 'Whining' noise at speed.

More serious problems have different symptoms so we need more info. Is this judder physical? as in... causes vibration?

Daz

Guest DazH
Bearings or bushes? More likely wheel bearings dude.

+1

Get the ass of the car in the air, firmly grab the wheel/tyre and give it a good rattle. If it has 'give' or makes a knocking noise, It's ganna be what The Gavman suggested

Keep us posted on your findings

but also + 2 as gav and daz says.......if you do that and find nothing then take the car to a tyre place and get them to check wheels.

I had a Volvo T5 with 18" after market alloys, bought it off some bloke, who told me there is a slight vibration over 60, think tracking is out...sure when i drove her home i went over 60 and could feel my teeth rattle it was that bad but even when i went upto 90 the vibration just got worse, took it to my mates tyre shop to get it tracked and balanced all round, as he was doing it he came out and said the rear wheel was so buckled that he couldnt balance it out.I ended up buying a new set of alloys cause a week later the missus was driving the car and hit a great big pothole and buckled the 2 alloys o the other side. so Just another idea but do also agree with Daz and Gav.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links