Where Is The Mini Convertible Mobility Kit Fitted?

karldi

hi.

just joined- please can any one help. ive just bought my wife a mini convertible 2005 cooper. i ve founf the jack kit in the boot.but i cant find the mobility kit.theres no spare under the boot.ive looked under the front seats

please help

• 1 year later...

Hi there Karl,

Are you referring to a spare wheel? The mini convertible does not come with one, BMW suggests run flat tires, but they are expensive to run, wear out quickly and give only average performance. Check your tyres, if they are run flats, it should say so. If not and you have normal tyres, either invest in a breakdown cover and or buy a tin of tyre weld to keep the Mini mobile.

Also, run flats are around £ 140 per tyre and you cannot mix and match either, as someone said this was illegal. Hope this helps

Nicky

Guest Mister Dabsy

I must stress (for safety reasons) that TyreWeld (other brands available!), is a temporary repair and the tyre should be repaired/replaced at the earliest convenience ;)

Guest DazH

I must stress (for safety reasons) that TyreWeld (other brands available!), is a temporary repair and the tyre should be repaired/replaced at the earliest convenience ;)

+1

Yes, I agree, its only a short term solution, but you can also only go about 50 miles on a run flat, also a short term solution, specially if you have nice "boots" like mine. My titanium grey 14 inch alloys would not like a journey on run flats for any milage really. And you cannot plug those either. Flat tires are a drag in any case. Its all about being safe, isn't it.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Run mini convert on normal tyres with "Ultra Seal" in, used in motor cycle tyres for over 15 years and it does exactly what it says on the tin, stays soluble in the tyre until needed, then seals punctures up to 4mm, and no I'm not a salesman or installer, just somebody that has used it, and rates it, cost, about £5 per wheel to install.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links