Airbag Control Unit

DeanT

Ok so my car was serviced at BMW and they gave me a list of jobs that needed doing in order to pass the mot, had to get rear tyres changed, brake fluid replaced,rear bushes and airbag control unit, now I'm looking at a bill of around £350 for the airbag unit to be sorted through BMW , is this something I have to get done through them or are they just playing d1ck Turpin and robbing me? As they wanted just shy of £500 for two rear tyres so I went elsewhere!

Guest Mister Dabsy

Depends how you want to play it... Cheapest way is to bypass the Passenger-seat Occupancy sensor... This should extinguish the light ! BUT if you leave it in place after MOT then the passenger air-bag won't fire if you have an accident !!

hi steveg3por they didnt say anything specific they just said the unit is faulty and that id be paying £377 for the privilage, the light has come on inside the car but other than that the car is fine, gonna be !Removed! if they are just bumping the price up for no reason!

• 1 month later...

Bought one of those bypass things off eBay.....didn't work! However I took the car to the garage and he said that the laws had changed about the airbag warning light being on and it won't fail an mot for it.....and it didn't so I passed MOT and am a happy chappy

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links