Abs Light - 320I Se

Hi all,

I have just bought a 320i SE (1994) the ABS light comes on after driving a few meters, i understand this means there is a fault with a sensor... does anyone know of a Mobile Diag company in the Preston, Lancs area...

The car has no MOT at the moment hence need someone mobile, i have priced the ABS sensors and found a place for less than £25 each....

I also have a question about the service light, service is due soon does it reset itself or do i need to have it reset...

Any help would be appreciated, i will have a search through the forum for these issues aswell.

Karl

post-3144-0-26509800-1331035230_thumb.jp

Karl, Do you intend to keep the car? If so get yaself onto ebay, Buy carsoft diagnostics for your lap top, You will be able to decode faults reset service lights etc, all for about £25!

Karl, Do you intend to keep the car? If so get yaself onto ebay, Buy carsoft diagnostics for your lap top, You will be able to decode faults reset service lights etc, all for about £25!

Hi Ian, thanks for the reply yes i intend to keep the 320 its going to be the family car... the software you mention i had a look for on Ebay i found the below but it seems to refer to E38 and so on but no mention of E36...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-PC-CAR-DIAGNOSTIC-SCANNER-CODE-READER-PA-SOFT-1-3-6-/150771202591?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item231aa9fa1f

I would buy this today if i can be reassured that it will read the ABS fault and reset the service\oil intervals after i service the car....

Guest Mister Dabsy

It should be fine as the same non-general codes are used throughout BMW models...

But take particular notice of the differences with OBD I and OBD II - The latter was implemented in mid Nineties !!

Just plug it into a friends e36 worked fine

Hi Ian, thanks for getting back to me on this one.... i will order one from EBay today and hopefully it will tell me which ABS Sensor is at fault..

Will update when recevied and tested....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All.... update on the abs issue.... i managed to replace both front sensors drivers side was a right ##### the bolt snapped leaving the thread in.. the sensor snapped in half so i ended up stripping the disc off snapping my 16mm socket, forced the old sensor out it was obviously the original sensor it had a metal sleeve around the sensor which had welded itself.. any how got it out in the end new one is in... turned the ignition and abs light comes on and then goes out everything looks ok until i drive a meter or two and the abs light comes on ..... guess it may be a rear sensor gonna replace them and take it from there just hope it aint the ecu....

Hi all,

I have just bought a 320i SE (1994) the ABS light comes on after driving a few meters, i understand this means there is a fault with a sensor... does anyone know of a Mobile Diag company in the Preston, Lancs area...

The car has no MOT at the moment hence need someone mobile, i have priced the ABS sensors and found a place for less than £25 each....

I also have a question about the service light, service is due soon does it reset itself or do i need to have it reset...

Any help would be appreciated, i will have a search through the forum for these issues aswell.

Karl

post-3144-0-26509800-1331035230_thumb.jp

Hi karlos,

I have the same problem, same model and year! Do you have the item codes for the front and rear sensors and maybe the address of the place you got your sensors from? I live in London so everythings double the price! I can't get them for less than £85 rear and £65 front. Anyone know of a cheaper place in North London?

Cheers

Hi karlos,

I have the same problem, same model and year! Do you have the item codes for the front and rear sensors and maybe the address of the place you got your sensors from? I live in London so everythings double the price! I can't get them for less than £85 rear and £65 front. Anyone know of a cheaper place in North London?

Cheers

http://www.onlineautomotive.co.uk/ there £23 plus vat... i got mine from a local motorfactor but have a friend in the trade so got them at trade price £34 for both front....

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links