Potential Noob Suspension Question.

Hi y'all, I have a dilema which someone with experience can help me with.

Brief history: Sold my very modifed (but tastefully done) impreza and bought a new disco 4 (lovely car) but missing the oomph badly. Wife has an S2000 which doesn't fit the kids but she likes the convertible. The 3 series convertible seems to be the way forwards for us as we can get one with decent power for me and rooflessness for her and room for the boys.

Question. Will she complain about M sport suspension on Northamptonshire's worst kept roads or will it have to be SE spec all the way which means my hope of getting a 335i all but disappears? It is her car and not mine I should add.

Thanks for your time in replying if you have experience of both.

MT

Guest Mister Dabsy

TBH Adam, the "Sport" suspension setup is not what you'd expect ! It is a subtle stiffness which is automatically adjusted/learned (via on-board computer (ECU's)) according to driving styles... For example - She will stiffen up if she's driven hard !

(Now there's a DVD in its own right :o )

to be honest a scooby and s2000 are totally different cars to a 3 series and i dont feel can be compared, any bmw convertible is more of Monaco Car rather than Le Mans in my eyes,

the 335 is a stunning car! go and test drive both in my eyes, "stiff" suspension doesnt mean it will handle better in real time, Rember the plod used to use Vauxhall Senators Over the Carlton GSI because the suspension was softer which ment on the public highways it was a better preformer.

bit off topic there!

I had a 330 conv M tech sport, the wife loved it, stiff enough for handling but not so bad it breaks your spine... would def go for the sport, think every BM i have had is a sport.... the 7 series i have at the mo is a sport and still feels like its on air but great round corners.....

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links