Another Newbie Saying 'hi'

MartynB

Hi. Just joined the fold and taking the opportunity to introduce myself.

But while I'm here I may as well ask your opinions if i may....

I am not new to Bmw ownership having had a 'y' plate 320d (e46 is that?) And more recently a 2010 320d m-sport which was a company car just gone back (loved that car).

To comiserate myself from losing the company m-sport, yesterday I bought myself a 2010 325d M-Sport Convertable. The opportunity to drive it as a 325 saloon in the winter and a cabriolet in the summer was just too much temptation. Wise choice?

But my question is abut the guts. Ok, I bought second hand approved used and didn't have a great choice, but why would I have normally chosen the 325 when the 330 offers the same consumption but miles more power (being twin turbo and v-6) . I could see the argument for the lesser powered 325 if it were more efficient, but it isn't.

Don't get me wrong, I am not disappointed and in have a great car for both winter and summer, but did I get the right engine?

Looking forward to your views.

Guest Mister Dabsy

Hi Martyn, I cannot see your issue!! Yes you have the better car mate, BUT beware of the Diesel... Check the year of it for "swirl-flap" issues... Maybe do a BMWOC forum-search on this, as I am aware of some members asking about these...

Welcome aboard matey ;)

Cheers Dabsy

I googled the swirl flaps and was reassured that the problem exists in 2000 to 2008 diesels - as mine is 2010 I should be ok.

God bless the father land for bringing out a hard top convert able - that's what swung it for me.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links