Vard66

Hi guys.

Pointed in the direction of this forum by Dabsy, from bimmerwerkz.

My name is Chris, but people call me Vard. 23, near Swindon in Wiltshire.

Ordinarily, I'm a Rover boy, and currently have three. Two 820 Vitesses, and a 420 GSi Turbo.

However, recently my friend and I decided to undertake a project, in the form of a Manual '93 BMW 530i V8 Touring - ostensibly bought as a banger rally car, realistically bought as a drift car. :-P

When Alex SBY bought it, it was suffering - massive HGF.

Our options were to do the head gaskets, or replace the engine.

After some discussion about M62s, we decided it'd be easier to keep it simple and go M60B30 --> M60B40.

DSCF0414.jpg

IMG_9868.jpg

I'll post more in a few minutes; I have a rather epic thread to copy/paste over from bimmerwerkz, rather than retyping the whole thing.

So Hallooo.

Vard.

Well, fancy seeing you here! :P Dabsy also pointed me in this direction, so to save making another newbie thread, I'm shamelessly tagging onto Vard's!

I'm Alex, a bit of a nutcase where cars are concerned. I'm the owner of this barge, and working with Vard on the conversion! I too am a Rover chap, and can often be found messing about with 800s (of which I own one or two). I also own a few Jag XJs, but I am not new to BMWs, having previously owned an E38 740iL a few years ago.

We've got our hands full with this conversion, and we are hoping to having that thing running by tomorrow (says he optimistically)...

This looks a good site, and I'm looking forward to get involved!

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links