Ideas Please

cheers fellas i hope you come back with more sympathetic answers than local dealer who suggested it will take him unknown amount of time to smash mechanism with hammer and chisel till something breaks to open catch and any damage caused in meen time will be repaired at a cost + his hourly rate. What a to***r :angry:

hi bob

if u can see the end where the cable goes through, it should b shaped like a loop u can push it with a screw driver while someone is takin the strain of the bonnet off the catch all depends which way the cable goes ..... left or right across the car depends which way u need to push/pull it

Guest Mister Dabsy

Best I can do at this time...

You are going to have to remove/break the left side kidney grille.

Pull the grille out to access the hood latch assembly. The left side bonnet latch should be hidden behind a cover. You will have to remove this cover any way you can, maybe cut into it. Once the cover is off you should be able to see the workings of the bonnet latch. You should be able to use a screwdriver to reach in and move the lever on the latch.

I have a full replacement just sitting in my boot for WHEN this happens to me :(

Hi guys, am new to the 3 series and got to say that i have never liked BMW but after having this car for about a week i now love the quality of the car and the feel, i have a 99 e46 pre facelift but have upgraded the indicators. Only problem i have is the orange bulbs have an offset pin and standard dont, i'm guessing i can just buy a new bulb holder but cant find anything on ebay :-(. Does any1 know where i can get one, also the new clear indicators dont seem to fit perfectly flush with my bodywork on either wing, seen that people advertise 2 and 4 door ones, would this be th case that i have the wrong ones or is it just a thing i have to put up with.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links