Mini Defect Record

Napper

Hi, Im new to this forum and am looking for some advice.

I purchased a new Mini Cooper S in April of last year and have had a reoccuring fault with it from about 2 months old requiring several return visits to the dealer. At this time the fault has still not been correctly diagnosed or repaired leading to me filing for rejection of the car in October last year, this is ongoing.

I know some manufacturers have a system where you can input the VIN number and get a detailed history of what work has been carried out on a car including recalls etc. Does anyone know if there is a similar system for Mini? I would really like to know what the dealer has found so far and what work has been carried out.

Thanks

I thought this was dealer only accessible? maybe wrong though.

What is the problem?

Oh and welcome along dude.

Hi I was gonna go on the introductions section later Ive been looking for a good owners forum for the Mini for ages I know how valuble they can be from being on the focus st owners club for my own car.

The problem she has is a misfire. it is generally mild but on at least 4 occasions when accelerating hard through 5th and 6th gears the car has misfired severely almost like a stall resulting in a complete loss of power whilst in the fast lane of a dual carriageway. The dealer says it has recorded misfires on 2 seperate cylinders and has replaced a Fuel injector and a knock sensor. They state it has suffered something called superknock??? Most recently they say they have replaced the thermostat and remapped the engine under the advice of mini as they say it has been known for a faulty thermostat to tell the ecu that the engine is warm when it is actually cold. Amongst all this it also had to have a new petrol tank as the original leaked fuel all over the drive. Having spent at least a month of the first 6 months of ownership back at the dealer for fault diagnosis I said enough was enough and have tried to reject the car.

I had tonnes of 'temperature' problems with my Mini, but mine was one of the first to be made...2001

Hope you get it sorted mate.

But I have to say, they are terribly built and a shme that BMW put there name to them.

Great styling and great fun, just terrible engines.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links