Hello/help!!!

wright1889

Hello all, i've had to resort to your forum to see if anyone can make sense of a problem i have with an X3 3.0d M Sport (manual). it seems that the local main dealer can't suss it out and neither can a local independent, so here goes....

About 8 months ago i took the car to the main dealer as in the mornings when i started it up it either cut out or it went up and down the revs for about a minute and when driving it seemed to be 'missing'. My very limited knowledge told me it could be an injector(s) problem. The main dealer had it for a day and gave it a clean bill of health...

I then took it to one independent who said 'yes mate it's your injectors do you have 3k' i then left swiftly. I ran it for a week or two and the problem seemed to go... until about a month ago when the problem got worse ten fold.

When driving now there is a distinct noise coming from underneath the car every now and again which i could only describe as a dull clunk/knock, this is in addition to the problem of it missing which is as bad as ever, there is a shudder when this happens!

The next garage i took it to were also baffled, they checked the tyre sizes which checked out ok and stripped the rear axle/diff to inform me that they're no nearer to finding a solution but it aint the injectors!!

No faults show on the computer, the only thing he thinks it could be is a worn pinion???

If anyone has any idea what this could be or suffered it yourself i would really appreciate any advice you may be able to offer.

Thanks in advance

Frustrated

Welcome Shah, Hope you get your problem resolved, the cutting out or misfire could that be damp getting in to the ignition or the computer software needing an upgrade.

Is the tread on your tyres evenly worn, I have heard where cases of 1 tyre being worn causing noises from under the car, or are the brakes all ok, no sticking calipers etc and are all the bushes in your anti roll bars ok, good luck.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links