325D Auto Help

Hi folks,

I'm new to this forum, so apologies if this is in the wrong place.

Having had a 320 D for over 2 years, I now have a 2007 325d, which is a great car. But, I have a few concerns, which may be nothing to worry about, but I thought I would ask the experts, as the (BMW main) dealer is very evasive!

1. When it's cold the engine runs a little rough after start (feels like a gentle but intermittent misfire and is nowhere near as bad as the 330 misfire on u-tube), but is OK once the engine warms up. The colder it is, the more noticeable the fault is - I can feel it through the brake pedal when idling. The problem seems much less when on the move, but occasionally i will notice it as I drive off. The problem disappears after about 3 miles. I have never noticed it when it's warm, and it seems to be a 'first thing in the morning' problem.

2. Coincidentally, last week I noticed that the amber glow plug indication came on in the central warning systems on engine start, and then went out. Never seen this before. Is it connected to the above.

3. On some occasions, I have noticed that the brake pedal is almost locked solid when I try to depress the pedal to allow engine start. It's always fine once the engine is running. Is this an indication of a potential vacuum leak?

4. Finally..........I had the car serviced when I bought it, and when I picked it up the service indicator showed 18,000 miles to the next service. Now it shows 20,000 ! The previous owner used the car mainly for short distance twon driving, whilst mine is mainly motorway. Is the mileage to service increase normal whilst the computer adjusts to the new driving style?

many thanks for your help.

All the best for 2012

Stokesy

Hi Graham and Happy New Year, I am sure that you will get the help you need, what I would say though is, take it back to where the car is serviced to have the faults checked over, good luck with your new car.

Guest Mister Dabsy

Hiya Graham...

1- I would say the cylinders/diesel has not been pre-warmed enough hence it struggles a little at first...

2- Probably a relay or glow-plug issue which would cause the above.

3- Not necessarily.

4- Quite normal.

Not much help, am I :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links