Newbie E34 Advice Please

vp500

Hi all

I've been to have a look at a 1993 E34 530i Touring today, and need a bit of advice....

the driver's seat arm has gone floppy and won't hold in position, is this a common problem and easy to fix?

the auto gear selector moves freely between the gears, i mean you don't have to pull up on the t-bar to make the selector move. Is it supposed to be like that? every other auto I've driven won't let you change gears by accident.

the owner said that when you put the car into sport mode, it not only changes the gears, but also firmed up the suspension, through some sort of hydraulic system. I wasn't aware that this was an option on 1993 car, so is it right?

thanks

Richard.

Guest Mister Dabsy

Ahhh... I had one of these classics in the early-mid 2000's...

Yes, the armrest is fixable

Gear-selector - Did you mean you don't need to press the button to move from Park etc.?

Sport Mode - Makes the engine rev higher between gears giving much more acceleration... Yes it does make the ride stiffer too, especially if it has the Sport-pack... Just to expand, in normal the box may change up @ 2500-3000, in Sport it will wait (dependant on how you throw the accelerator) and push up to around 4-5000 revs before changing... If you floor it in any gear you will feel that the pedal seems to "click" then it changes down and goes for the "red-line" this is kick-down and can sometimes surprise your neck :lol:

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links