M3 E46 Issues

pikey

ok, i had a thread asking same question in the "3 series" section and no-one answered :(

i just wanted to know if there is anything to look out for on the e46 m3 (common faults or known issues), any info would be much appreciated. :)

1 thing is that i've just got someone to check my oil and it's low, yet i only took delivery of it on the 12/09/11 and he apparently had a service done on it (garage man person thingy) and i cant seem to see any puddles? any ideas? :blink:

ok, i'll top it up when i get back to work monday as i work for a motor factor, would there be any signs if the head gasket is gone (apart from a lack of oil).

how many hours labour would i be looking at for a garage to do that? :unsure:

Head gasket?

If its just had a service and the oil is noticeably low (even considering the space taken by the new oil filter), Shes going to be burning it... (Gasket, Piston rings etc.. etc..)

Keep an eye on the levels for the next couple of weeks defo

Daz

uuummm! there is a smell there but not a smell i'd associate with burning oil, but i don't really know much :unsure:

i check the oil and did notice funny little lumps (about 3-4mm roundish) it runs like a dream really. i have got a rac gold warranty with it as well so hopefully what ever it is it'll be covered...i sooo hope :unsure:

well how weird is this! I got into work today and picked up my oil, checked the oil on my lunch break and hey presto i now have NO lumpyness at all and probally the most strange is that the level was to the top, full, opposite of empty, completely ruddy full :huh: :blink: :o

weird or wot!

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links