Battery Warning Light On! Just Bought It!

coupe323

hello everybody iv just signed up i bought my first bmw yesterday its a y reg 323ci but the battery warning light came on, on the journey home. iv had the battery and the alternator checked at a local garage. the alternator is working fine putting out between 14 and 14.5 volts? he said the battery is fine and holding charge well? iv being driving the car about with no problems apart from this light? the battery is a halfords battery but looks new? i wasnt sure if the dealer had swopped the batteries but this one isnt large anough or something because everything else is fine and working as it should. anybody have any ideas? got the car from quite a distance away and would like to keep it at home rather than driving it bk to get sorted so any advice would be much appreciated. thanks

Isnt there away you can check if your battery is coping and big enough by running the car and then turning all the lights etc on and seeing if there is a big drop in the revs? Or am I just being silly :unsure:

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links