E32, 735Ise, 1988 sensible offers

Mic

I bought this car twenty years ago when it was three years old. It has now done 265k miles and has a rotten rear off side wing together with some electrical ''idiosyncrasies''. I do not have the time nor the skills to take the car on as a project.....the car drives well but is unlikely to pass its MOT due mid August because of the badly corroded wing.

In all honesty it may be a step too far as a project......available from 20 August. The car has both an imperial set of wheels and a metric set of wheels.

ASM (scrappers) will give me £200 so the first sensible offer above that secures.

Mic

It is a real shame because for the most part this car has been a no expenses spared daily runner averaging 11k miles per year in my possession. Unfortunately I have had a couple of ''cheap'' repairs done on that wing and now I am paying the price. The moral of this particular story is that cheap body work (probably all repairs) are a false economy......avoid fillers and pay to have full metal replacement repairs.....much more cost effective over the distance.

I have 20yrs. invoices MOTs and full service history......main dealer until very recent years.

Mic

• 4 weeks later...

Bump......I now have the replacement V5......registration F296 EJO......and therefore in a position to part with the car.

I have checked with my local dismantlers, ASM, who will give me the princely sum of £170 for the car plus £16 for the spare set of alloys. Apart from the rotten rear off side wing and a few electrical gremlins this car has been well maintained.......all documents available for the past 20yrs......and is a genuine runner.

The car now has no tax nor MOT......If any enthusiast wants to match or better ASM's £186 the car is available for immediate collection. To the right person the interior alone must be worth having.

No takers and the car goes to ASM on Monday 05.09.11

Mic

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

• Latest Topics

1. 0

Clicking noise when disengaging the clutch,

2. 12

Tyres..what's the best alternative to run flats

3. 12

4. 12

5. 5

Discs and pads

• Recent Achievements