Oh Dear... My 7 Won't Start

Guest Mister Dabsy

Guest Mister Dabsy

Due to a Registration Doc issue I could not tax my 7 last month so she ended up on my neighbours' drive...

I knew it had an ampage leak at the battery but just put this down to the alarm !

So I charge the battery, starts up fine, then stops... No bang or any other suspicions... Turned the key again to hear the starter "whizzing" but turning the engine with no fire-up !!!

My initial (without removing rocker) was cam chain but I know if this failed there would be some "dead-stop" on the M52...

Again... Cannot open her up (surgery) until this weekend, but if the cam turns ok, then it must be (Hopefully) the fuel pump... :unsure:

All I ask is that you guys wish me LUCK, because I might effin need it :D

Guest Mister Dabsy

CPS - Cam Position Sensor... Twenty quid posted :blink: Damn that little pesky thing... Gav's twenty will sort it B)

I have to remove the 32mm Vanos solenoid to get to it (I lost the 32mm when I busted my knuckles 'n threw it down the street :lol:)

CPS - Cam Position Sensor... Twenty quid posted :blink: Damn that little pesky thing... Gav's twenty will sort it B)

I have to remove the 32mm Vanos solenoid to get to it (I lost the 32mm when I busted my knuckles 'n threw it down the street :lol:)

Done that with my 10mm the other day trying to put the sump back on without loosing the gasket in the sump after the suspension pushes it in. Rebuilding the engine has put me back quite a few quid so I shortly went down the street after the socket with my head hung down :(

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links