Help Please

mcw

I have just bought an old 328si 1997 on a r reg it has been laid for the last 6 months- started on a jump start drives ok brakes shot though.

issues-bonnet wont close properly its on the catch was closed when first viewed but now wont fully shut.

fuel flap is flapping around wont stay tight against the car.

cant get in the boot the button seems stuck- I have sprayed wd 40 around the button got it out a little with the key in the hole but it wont turn or open.

I have just ordered new discs and pads all round

will give it a full service.

Any other help or advice would be most welcome.

Thanks so much.

Have a fiddle with the bonnet release cable and lever it's probably jammed open so the catch wont latch onto the hook, same with the fuel cap if it's the push open type like mine pull the rubber back spray with WD and work it a few times :D

The fuel cap flap is either the solenoid that keeps it locked or most likely the spring on it,just take it out and give it a little bend in the right direction and put it back on. I do it to mine when needed :)

Not sure about the others but the above comment sounds about right.....good luck with the rest :)

oh....e36 Coupe's FTW :) :) :)

guys still no further forward still no joy with the bonnet the fuel flap is sitting flush though.

still the central locking is playing up can only open the drivers door with the key all the others are working as i can hear the motors working ie boot fuel flap and passengers door but all remain locked!!!

even when you try it from the passenger side the same thing is happening .

cant get in the boot at all

Hi there, my first BMW was an old E36 318is on an L plate. I had the very same issues as you are having. It a common fault with E36’s both bonnet and fuel flaps. I ended up buying new a catch for the bonnet and replacing the all the solenoids with regards to the central locking. I currently have a 323 on a P plate same year as yours. When I bought her I knew that she was going to need a little money spent on her. I to have issues with the central locking in the winter it goes all to pot doors that won’t open or lock with the fob. It’s the same again I will just end up replacing it all. As for your boot not opening. Get one of your mates round. Get them to fold the rear seats down and climb inside the boot and push up as you push the lock. Hopefully this will free the lock.

Sounds like you have a good car, she will just be needing some tlc.

Let us know how you get on?

Tommo :)

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links