Dashboard Malfunction?

LoveMy330ci

I had to change my drivers side (rear) tire, and now my dashboard is all messed up. MPH, MPG, and gas gauge are not working correctly. In addition, my digital miles gauge flashes random numbers, and my break system lights are all on. Did a sensor get bumped or something? Please help. Lol Im a chick that knows nothing about cars :) thanks!!

Hi Melissa,

I honestly doubt changing your rear wheel will have anything to do with this.

It sounds like an instrument panel problem, more than likely a dealer job.

Can I also ask where your from please, I notice your not from the UK.

Gav

It just seems strange that this all happened after the tire change. Im confused why it would happen out of nowere. Then again I know nothing about cars, thats why im asking you brilliant people :)

Im from Washington state. Is this forum supposed to be for europe only? I will take advice from anyone around the world :)

Might sound too easy but try unpluging it leaving it for a minute then plug back in its amazing how many things correct themselves that simply.

Very true, will need to know how to do that though...I dont got a clue :blink:

If its the same as mine its just 2 screws, if you look just above the clocks there's a little arch shaped mound 2 screws in there, take them out and the clocks just pull forward then its one plug in the back of the unit, try that or re-set the ecu if that don't work, don't know how to do that with the fuses on BMW but if you disconnect the battery for a couple of mins that should re-set it.

Lol, unplug what?

I drive a 2004 330ci Dinan w/ 85k

I love it, I dont love having to fix something being I just got it 2 months ago.

What are the wires that run along under it? If the jack was pressing on those wires could that have messed something up?

Thanks for helping the clueless american, I really appreciate it.

Any wires running from front to back should be inside the car under the carpet, when you take the clocks out you'll see what you need to unplug there's only one connection in the back of the clocks well there is on a 320 anyways.

Ok.. Unpluged the battery (once I found it) No luck. The wire under the car starts in front of the back tire and goes up into the car. Looks ligit like it is supposed to be there. After looking around some more online, it seems that maybe its the aps speed sensor?? Anyone had to replace that? Also... I drove on the flat tire not knowing it was flat. (only one block) Maybe that did something. I dont know. What a headache!! Grr!

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links