Conversion Kits

Hi all.

I am trying to get hold of a complete set for my "Bottom End" or what they call a conversion kit. Does anyone know where to find them as a set I have looked everywhere but hope that someone here has more of an idea then me.

Would be great if ya do.

Guest Mister Dabsy

Might want a set of penny-catchers for the bottom-end of his wallet :unsure:...

Sarcasm aside though, Youngie... Please explain what you need/want and we are here to help you, matey...

Might want a set of penny-catchers for the bottom-end of his wallet :unsure:...

Sarcasm aside though, Youngie... Please explain what you need/want and we are here to help you, matey...

Sorry guys. all the gaskets and parts for the bottom of the engine, I am no mechanic lol getting this fed to me by 1 of my mates as we are doing the head gasket and bits at the top he said it might be worth getting a conversion set to replace all of the bottom stuff as we??? I have looked for sites that can supply all of this lot in a pack or kit but can only find them as each item. does that help? coz it dont help me haha... ;)

Right my mate is a proper petrol head, has lots of cars and knows his stuff he is just telling me stuff to get lol. I will just be the one handing him spanners to do the job, my special tallant lay elsewhere in a different job. What other gaskets are there below the head apart from the sump I know that 1 and I am not a complete mong when it comes to cars i just do the oil change and small things but would rather someone who I trust do the hard parts as I would make a hash of it. Can you help out with any sites that sell conversion kits you must know what that is if ya into doing stuff on cars yourself???? I have never heard of it that is the whole point of asking the people on a BMW owners site is it not?

Mate your right this 'is the whole point of asking the people on a BMW owners site'..

But I aint still got a clue what your on about :D.....but to be honest..Im as thick as they come lol..

Try explain in a bit more depth mate...try and explain it as if your telling someone like me...who knows jack !Removed! about mechanics..

Im sure everyone here will bend over backwards to help you..

Any chance you can get your mate to write up on here, in a little more depth of what your after? B)

Guest Mister Dabsy

Other gaskets...

Water pump, thermostat, sump, crank seals and sump plug copper ring...

When you have the sump off, thoroughly clean all of it and the oil pick-up strainer !

Other gaskets...

Water pump, thermostat, sump, crank seals and sump plug copper ring...

When you have the sump off, thoroughly clean all of it and the oil pick-up strainer !

Thanks Dabsy mate. I gave up in the end and went to my local BMW dealer to ask about what my mate was on about and they dont supply a kit but bit on their own and the cost is not alot so managed to get gen parts for not alot of money too. many thanks :)

Guest Mister Dabsy

My only advice to you, Youngie... Avoid EBAY gaskets, ALWAYS get gen ones, ok? You will SAVE in the long run pal...

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links