High Revs.

Stuey

Hi All, I have just bought a BMW 320i M Sport 2.2 manual on an 03 plate and I have just made a 250 mile journey, partly motorway and partly A roads. I have returned on average 33 MPG. I noticed that at 60 70 & 80 MPH I was looking at between 2800 t0 4000 revs. I keep looking to see if I am in 5th gear or am not driving the way I should. I am an experienced driver of over 35 years and this is my first BMW ( why did I wait so long as already I love the car ), and I owned a 3 ltr S-Type Jag. auto for 5 years, 2 cars ago. My last car was a 6 gear manual so am I just getting used to it? I don't know, but when you read that extra urban returns around 40 MPG and seeing the revs higher than expected at motorway speeds, I wonder if I am missing something. As I said I love the car and if it is what it is then thats's fine. I just dont want to be missing something. Can you please advise me.

Regards,

Stuey

Guest Mister Dabsy

TBH, Stuey... 4000 rpm is ok at 80mph as you are only using "Half" of the power !

As for MPG, throw the official figures at a postman because Manufacturers always exaggerate to sell cars, not only that, they test their car on a track LOL

And remember, your car is now 8+ years old now and bhp will suffer slightly due to wearing components... Don't let this worry you with a BMW mate :rolleyes:

By the way, you should say hello in the Newbie Section ;)

Guest Mister Dabsy

Just a word of advice...

Keep maintaining the BMW because she loves new fluids...

AND... Do NOT but second rate stuff of fleabay! You want your car to run like a dream, eh? Get the best, your car will return the favour B)

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links