Vintage Bmw Spotted

On this warm and beautiful evening, as I'm on my way way to Warrington to fit a tracking device to a lorry, when what do I see coming in the opposite direction - a vintage BMW 328 Roadster, in cream with blue wings, and the soft-top down. The grey-haired gentleman driving looking like he was the happiest person on the planet. It's the oldest BMW I've ever seen on the road. What a thrill; it made my night I can tell you.

And if the gentleman in question should happen to be reading this post, I'd just like to say thank you for making this Anorak very happy. :D

Apologies for the image size, but the thought came to me as I was writing this post (and according to the wife, thoughts don't come naturally to me) that a picture of the car would be nice, and it was the only one I could find at the time. Apologies too if I've broken any copyright on the image, but in my defense I can only say I was still so excited at seeing such a rare and beautiful vehicle: I trust the moderators will do the right and proper thing if they believe I have transgressed. I found the image at... 'ultimatecarpage.com' where, since I've had time to view the site, there is some excellent information on the vehicle.

post-1083-0-10683800-1303426752_thumb.jp

Yeah, I know what you mean Gav. If I could afford to own such beauty, I'd have it in a glass case and build a house around it. But then surely that would be to experience only half the pleasure, for ones-self and a privileged few, instead of bringing pleasure to who knows many people. It will certainly be one of those moments in life which I'll never forget, that's for sure. (I really like cars, by the way!) :D

If I won the lottery, I'd buy a car like this, it would have its own room in the house, I'd polish it till I could see my face in it, then sit back, for 1 hour a night, with a glass of red and a ciggy, and just stare lol

To be honest, I do that with my e46 out the bedroom window when I've washed it lol

Thank you, I told the wife I'm not the only one who does such things!

Im mad into detailing my car, aint had time for it recently though.

Can spend Friday afternoon till Sunday night on her, and still not be happy lol...

Supprisingly, I wasnt that mad on cars till 6 months ago when I brought the 46, BMW die hard now lol

I do like a pristine clean car myself Gav, and give them the TLC they deserve. The neighbours think I'm a few pills short of a full prescription, but I know which car I prefer looking at on the driveway!

I know my recently purchased E36 is 18 years old, and the black paintwork requires attention, but, unless you're up close and personal, it still puts their later models to shame for exterior and interior condition.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links