What Sat Nav Do You Use?

Steve

43 members have voted

1. 1. What type of Sat Nav unit do you use?

• Factory Fitted
    • Portable GPS unit (eg. TomTom, garmin etc)
    • Iphone / Android
    • Other
    • Don't need sat nav, I can read a map!

I have used the built in satellite navigation on my 5 series in England, Germany, Belgium,Holland, France, Switzerland & Italy and I can only say it was brilliant, you can plan your route on-line via the BMW web site and then down load it to your car.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I use the BMW factory fitted one in my 745 Li. The wife uses the Nissan factory fitted one in the Nissan Cube - It's better than in my Beemer :-(

I use a TomTom GoLive! in the Van, which is also way better than the Beemer :-(

Chewy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi gents x

I got my MK4 High map Dvd set and v32 update software cd from online website www.bmwnavigation.co.uk and i have to say im very happy i now have full 7 postcode with redlight speedcams POIs 3d view. with the 2012 maps all for a nice £25 pounds. His got loads of BMW info there like E-codes, secret menus and some videos on how to work the nav unit better. So all in all a great deal with some helpfull info so worth a bookmark at the least.. :)

B-Gal

i have the mio thingy with a built in freeveiw tv,,, But i also have a free one on my iphone.. its called navfree and i would reccomend that to anyone

Its work everytime for me and it doesn't use your 3g signal. its works of your position between the phone masts which is pretty cool

Ben

• 1 month later...

Got MKIII, sat nav in beemer, used for first time other day and was good, other than that i have a garmin, which the missus uses but sally on the sat nav only speaks when she wants.....typical really ( think her on the sat nav does nt know where she is going really so shuts up not to emmbarress herself, other people call it a fault but i know the truth)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Map (AKA Flatnav) first then plot route into Garmin and let iPhone make noises for traffic jams and new cameras as dont believe in spending £100+ on a satnav and then have to keep paying for the privelige of map updates, camera data I dont mind but an extra £60 more or less every year just just to keep up to date is a rip off.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links