Bluetooth

dek013

picked my bmw 3series tonight , well impressed part chopped a freelander like driving a tank in comparison to my BMW , need 2 sort bluetooth out got a passkeycode but no instructions , any help appreciated (male it idiot proof lol)

Guest Mister Dabsy

If you dont have onboard computer I think you can "Pair" by holding the phone button... A guess !

BMW passkey should be with owners manual Gav, other wise the dreaded dealer :angry:

If you dont have onboard computer I think you can "Pair" by holding the phone button... A guess !

BMW passkey should be with owners manual Gav, other wise the dreaded dealer :angry:

got on onboard computer & a button by handbrake for bluetooth just doesn,t seem to do anything , guess its the dealer then (groan)

Guest Mister Dabsy

Ring a dealer and give them the last seven digits of your VIN and they should be nice enough to give it you there n then... Also ask how to pair ;)

Ta :D

Choose phone from the car menu,

Turn on phone's bluetooth,

Hit search,

Your phone should find cars bluetooth signal,

Enter the code when asked. I think the car & phone needs the code.

You don't need a passcode

YOU set the passcode....choose passcode as 5 zero's on the sterio

your phone will then ask for a passcode....use 5 zero's

Done

This is a security measure to ensure you get the correct phone paired for example if there were two iphones in the car both named iPhone you ensure you get the correct phone paired by correctly inputting the code into the sterio and one of the phones.

doesn't matter the code is ONLY used for the first handshake to get the phones Bluetooth chip Mac address so that future connections can be automatically made

the codes are never stored on the sterio or the phone

bluetooth authentication codes can be upto 7 digits

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links