Drop Links

hi all, firstly iam very pleased to say my bmw did me proud last week and passed the MOT, secondly after lowering the back by 40mm i have now just finished the front (also lowered by 40mm) which looks amazing,after i finished both sides of the car i got a bit heavy handed and broke one of my anti roll drop links :angry: which i wasn't happy about after spending all that time lowering it, but then again s*** happens, iv bought a new drop link which im replacing tomorrow after work and does anyone know how to remove a drop link successfully?

Jack the car up & put on axle stands; remove the wheel, and then place the jack under the wishbone & jack it up til the drop link feels loose, i.e. is neither under tension nor compression. Undo the nut holding it on at each end, and remove. The threaded part will probably be covered in dirt & crud & everything will twist when you try to undo the nut - secret is to insert a 17mm spanner behind the joint to grip it & stop it spinning.

Once removed, put the new one in, release the jack, then put the wheel back on, jack the car up & remove the axle stand. Same goes for the other side.

That'll cost you under £40, and only needs basic tools.

If you need any more help, post on here and help is at hand

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links