Brand new coupe rusty hubs

325Coupe

I have recently purchased a brand new 325 Coupe Msport, it has 1700 miles on the clock. The wheel hubs all round the car are badly rusted already. I have washed and valeted the car by hand using BMW seal and protect products. This is a sad state of affairs for a £40k car, is anyone else having the same issue?. The dealer advised this is typical of the hub on this model and he said BMW wouldn't consider it a product fault. He did say he would ask BMW if they would consider spraying them, but to my mind, this cures the symptom, not necessarily the disease. I have had 5 BMW's in my life, I had the 530 M Sport prior to this and did not get one bit of rust (70k miles and 5 years old) on the Hub. Picture attached, this is what all 4 hubs look like, I expected a BMW to look prestigious, part of the experience of owning a BMW is how it looks, particularly when you pay for Msport alloys, now it looks very tatty when you look at the wheels.

Any ideas, much appreciated.

post-723-0-56891300-1294829941_thumb.jpg

Hi welcome along, thay dont look good do they???

Im quite suprised BMW wont have anything to do with this, cant you get a second opinion with another dealer make sure your not being fobbed off?

Hi Gav, I have written to BMW online Customer Services this evening, so lets wait and see what their response is. Will keep you all posted.

Hi welcome along, thay dont look good do they???

Im quite suprised BMW wont have anything to do with this, cant you get a second opinion with another dealer make sure your not being fobbed off?

looking at the pictures it looks like it is surface rust so not broken thru from underneath. basically it could be little spots of iron (or something that rusts!) on top of the hub. theres a fairly new product out called iron x, spray it on and leave for a few minutes to get rid of the iron, id then give them a good scrub with soap/water, dry off then use a sealent, a wheel sealant would most likly work well on hubs.

Ive seen that sort of thing appear in 1 day on a cars alloys and all down the side of the car as well.

It turned out to be that the guy had fitted some extreame brake pads that stuck so well onto the discs that the dust that came off them had particals of metal in it.He parked it up that wet night and by the morning everything was rusty.

He had to clean the car after EVERY drive lol.

I am simply looking for BMW to acknowledge that this is not the sort of quality (or lack of) one should expect from purchasing one their new vehicles, if it is what I should expect of them, then clearly their brand values and quality parameters have changed from previous cars purchased, and that my expectations should have been reset prior to purchasing a lesser quality vehicle, at which point I wouldnt have bothered with the purchase. As the dealer said to me, after purchase, BMW UK have been aware of this for some time, in writing!!

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links