swirling

noticed a few swirls in my paint today! wondering if to try meguiers nxt 2.0 tech wax as i hear this has fillers in it, anyone used it? what do you think? or do u have better suggestions? i know i will be stuck for choice after this! :unsure:

noticed a few swirls in my paint today! wondering if to try meguiers nxt 2.0 tech wax as i hear this has fillers in it, anyone used it? what do you think? or do u have better suggestions? i know i will be stuck for choice after this! :unsure:

andy-mcq is your man for this mate

why thank you gav :P

megs tech wax indeed does have fillers in, its not exactly a very durable wax though, i do use it but only on 'customers' cars for a quick shine.

if i was you id nip to halfords and get some autoglym super resin polish which also has 'fillers' in. then go over with the wax

id also polish one panel at a time then remove straight away, do the full car , then in this weather i would wax the full car, by the time you have gone round leave it for 10 mins and remove with a fresh microfibre cloth.

should do the trick , although as said, tech wax isnt very durable so most likly wont last long :(

• 2 weeks later...

why thank you gav :P

megs tech wax indeed does have fillers in, its not exactly a very durable wax though, i do use it but only on 'customers' cars for a quick shine.

if i was you id nip to halfords and get some autoglym super resin polish which also has 'fillers' in. then go over with the wax

id also polish one panel at a time then remove straight away, do the full car , then in this weather i would wax the full car, by the time you have gone round leave it for 10 mins and remove with a fresh microfibre cloth.

should do the trick , although as said, tech wax isnt very durable so most likly wont last long :(

cheerz andy, will give that a go,what if i seal it in with say bmw nano wax or turtle wax ice would this preserve the finish you reckon? if u ever in hull it could be a challenge for you!i will post some pics when ive given it a go.

das 6 are the pro version are good starting polishers (DA) , i do have one but im more use to a rotary , but the machine is only as good as the person using it ;)

polishers scare me in case i scorch the paint, my arms are about as heavy as my foot haha!!

lol, they do take a bit of getting use to but there not that difficult, sadly its somthing you will learn about using when you do mistakes.

ive been doing bodywork for 6 years now and still do some, not very often mind ;)

are your mistakes retrievable? or expensive? still pretty worried bout using one but think one could help me polish in some supaguard i got hold of, plus some knob head backed into the pride and joy yesterday while it was parked and scuffed my bumper,will need to sort this out now!. :angry:

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links