Best Tyre for 116D 2019? And remap?

NicBeamer

Hi All,

2 quick questions:

1) best tyre for 116D shadow edition 2019.

2) thinking of doing stage 1 ECU remap by a reputable tuner. Is this safe for the engine

figures will be:

Power increase from 114 to 150bhp and torque from 270 to 330nm

Tyres are an emotive subject as they are all to often chosen by price yet they are the only thing between us and the road. Steering, braking and comfort in all weathers a lot more than a round black thing. What is on the car now are you happy with them ?

You are going to notice the extra power so get your wallet ready for extra visits to the pumps 🤣

Enjoy 

Dave

1 hour ago, Greydog said:

Tyres are an emotive subject as they are all to often chosen by price yet they are the only thing between us and the road. Steering, braking and comfort in all weathers a lot more than a round black thing. What is on the car now are you happy with them ?

You are going to notice the extra power so get your wallet ready for extra visits to the pumps 🤣

Enjoy 

Dave

Got potenzas atm but they’re RF, wanna go away from RF and get normal tyres, thinking of asymmetric 6’s

also, because my car is 1.6lt, it’s not the same 2lt block as 118d and 120d, just wondering if it’s safe in the block and won’t cause any potential problems! Also want to get rid of the Adblue in the car so will be getting that mapped out too

Swapping from RF to normal tyres is common, personally I always found the Pirellis wear quickly loads of grip but need changing more often I have Hankooks on both my X5's  

As the Adblue contributes to emission control I am not sure if that would give issues at MOT time or not. As for the ECU upgrade ask how many they have done on your engine maybe? My brother inlaw is on his 5th 5 series estate all have been 3ltr diesels all have been chipped from after their 1st service. all cars have been serviced by BMW all his cars are run to around 150k (he has a business in Holland) the current one showed just under 400bhp on a rolling road all have been reliable mechanically 

Good Luck it is about enjoying your car by personalising it 

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links