Electrics inside car not working

Mamabear1

I have a 2009 series 1 convertible. Around 3 months ago my key started to only work after I pressed the button a few times to unlock or lock, then it got worse, then about 6weeks ago the controls on the drivers door would not work. Then a week ago all of the electrics inside the car stopped working, the lights, all the windows (2 back windows are down and I can’t get them up), the roof controls don’t work as well as the indicators. Warning lights do work. I was advised to disconnect the battery for 20 minutes which I did and once reconnected I’ve got some warning lights showing that were not there before. Anyone have any idea what this could be? When the voltage on the battery was taken it was on the 3rd light (out of 6) could the problem be the battery?

thanks

Morning Stacey 

Welcome to the Forum

Don't understand how your measuring the Battery ? The only way is with a multimeter at the charging points under the bonnet. A healthy battery fully charged should show 12.5 to 12.8volts engine off 14.5+v engine running 

I would say your problem is battery but I would check it properly first

Dave

Hi Stacey

Make sure if you only charge the battery at the Charge points under the bonnet or remove the battery from the car for charging. If you charge at the battery with it connected to the car you could cause electrical issues. After overnight charging test the battery if it isn't showing 12.5/12.8v then it would be a battery failure that's your problem

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links