spline tool locking wheel nuts

swanseapaul

hi guys  another newby here,   i just bought my first x5 & i am very happy with what i have bought, i have been after one for ages and now i have one at last,  a problem though, just before i bought it it had some new tyres fitted,  2 of the locking wheel nuts are missing & the spline locking tool is missing also, so i have 2 locking wheelnuts on the car with no tool to undo them   is there a way i can get the right spline tool for the job,  tia for any answers

Morning Paul

Welcome to the Forum

What model E53 3.0i, 3.0d,V8 4.8 or E70 3.0d or V8 4.8

From what you say if you brought from a Dealer go back and make it their responsibility to get the problem sorted.

As for the existing situation I would think the splined tool has been stripped or damaged by a gorilla at the tyre shop using a windy gun on full torque !!! You say 2 locking bolts are missing I hope they didn't just leave them off ?

If you contact your BMW Dealer parts department and give them the Vin number they may be able to help with replacements. If not there are removal kits and quite a few of the better tyre shops will actually remove them but not take responsibility for any damage caused (normally to the bolt) so you will need a replacement set obviously if your using a Garage/Tyre Centre there will be a cost.

Now the tyres I hope all 4 were changed and that they are the correct sizes if they are mismatched there is a danger that the rolling radius front/rear is slightly different and transmission damage can occur.

Sorry if that's not the news you wanted

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links