Mirror Dash Cam

Joseph80

I'm considering getting a 12" Mirror Dash Cam with a rear camera.

However, the ones I am looking at are to cover over the interior mirror. I notice there is a sensor on it, will this dash cam cause problems with the mirror sensor

1 - WOLFBOX G840S 12" 4K Mirror Dash Cam Car Camera, 2160P Full HD Smart Rearview Mirror for Cars & Trucks, Front and Rear View Dual Cameras, Night Vision, Parking Assistance, Free 32GB Card & GPS

2 - JOMISE 4K UHD Mirror Dash Cam Front and Rear Camera, Rearview Mirror Camera for Cars & Trucks with 11" IPS Touch Screen, Backup Camera with Type-C Connector/Starvis Sensor/Parking Monitor -G814

3 - Camecho Apple Carplay Android Auto Mirror Dash Cam 9.66 Inch 1080P IPS Touch Screen Dual Dash Cam Front and Rear Camera Car Rear View Mirror Loop Recording Wide Angle Parking Assistance

Thank you very much.

Joseph

Morning Joseph

The sensor in your mirror is the auto dimming/dip so obviously if it's covered it wont work. But as your covering it with another mirror will that matter to you.

As for the choice sorry cant help as I have no experience of any of them I guess you just need to do as much research as possible and make your choice

Let us know what you get and if its any good

Dave

Hi Dave,

Many thanks for your feedback, it's much appreciated.

Once I decide on which Mirror cam to use I will update this thread.

Just thought I would say this is a great site and has helped me enjoy my driving experience with my BMW.

Thanks to everyone that has helped me over the past 12 months, she now drives like a dream.

Cheers

Joseph

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

I bought a WOLFBOX Rear View Mirror Camera:Mirror Dash Cam Front and Rear 4K+2.5K for Car with 12" Full Touch Screen, Waterproof Backup WDR Camera, Night Vision, G-Sensor, Parking Assist,Free 64GB Card & GPS.

Ran all the cables under the trim, looks really good.

I also bought the Hard Wire to plug into the fuse box. My question is which space do I plug it in, everything on line says pull out an existing fuse and use the adaptor to add 2 fuses but I have lots of live slots.

I have spent hours on line and different people say different thing.

I have a Battery cable (Contast) yellow\ & a red cable ACC (only works when car is on)

I attach a photo of my fuse box and I was either

1 - Going to plug it into one of the free space that tally with constant power (bat) and only when key on (Acc)
2 - No 54 - take 7.5 fuse - purple out (Bat) and plug it there, far bottom left of photo & No. 57 - take 15 amp fuse out bottom right blue fuse

IMG_3636.jpeg

This is the card I found on the internet. I have circled the fuses I believe are for my car.

Also, I have never had so much trouble trying to access a  fusebox in my life. You have to take off so much so you can work on the fusebox itself, what were BMW thinking

image.jpeg

Morning Joseph

All part of BMW strategy to enhance your sense of achievement 🤣 when (a) you find it and (b) actually access it 🤣🤣 

With your fuse map there are several for different models and years so make sure you have the one for your model (more BMW fun) 

For simplicity I took a feed from the Vanity light power through a fuse to the camera on my E70 and did the same on my brother inlaws 5 series with my E53 I used the torch charging point in the glove box as a power source again fused (all cameras are Next Base.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Dashcam fitted, rear camera working treat, all cable hidden, very pleased and thank you so much for your advice, greatly appreciated.

It still such a shame they put the fusebox in such an inaccessible place, WHO DOES THAT🥵

Just designed skilfully, carefully and with great consideration to discourage any DIY playboys and girls out there and to fatten the wallets of the Dealerships 🤣 🤣

Mind now we know you can work while hanging upside down Joseph perhaps we can find you more work 🤣

Well done Matey 

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links