Sports cat or not

David Y

I have a E82 135i N55 engine. Is it worth fitting a sports cat ? I plan to have it remapped in the near future. If its a yes what is the best cat to buy ? What other mods would help with the remap ?

Morning David

Patience young man, the answer is with your chosen Remap supplier normally they will have Stage 1, 2 ,3 packages and will advise if exhaust or other engine work is required to get the best gains from their remap.

Also remember a cheap remap will give some gains but the only way to measure is with a rolling road session before and after tuning.

Daveย 

ย 

Morning David

Sorry never seen them on a 135i so cant comment

I have fitted 100 cell cats to a 4.4i X5 for someone as the old cats were blocked and causing issues. He chose them as they were a far cheaper option than OEM or even aftermarket items from an Exhaust centre, the car runs great and passes it's MOT OK

I also had 100 cell cats on 3 of my Volvo T5's but with a stage 3 remap and 3" downpipe (gave 360bhp at the wheels on a rolling road) The tuner advised they were not needed until Stage 3.

Dave

ย 

Now that sounds like a planย ๐Ÿ˜ย you should be able to get a solid 400+ whp without waking the neighbours up (much)ย ๐Ÿ˜‡

Go for it would be my thoughtsย 

My X5 4.6is has Dinan Throttle Body Dinan Cams (all 4) and a remap 407 whp after a Rolling road session. The X5 3.0d has a bigger intercooler and remap and has 355 whp but with the diesel its the increase in torque that is the biggest plus. My wife's Subaru Outback has a full Perrin engine upgrade with well over 400 whpย ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links