2014 X3 xDrive28i F25 Tire Pressure Monitor malfunction

I keep getting "Tire Pressure Monitor malfunction:"

I had the sensors checked on each tire and they seem to be working fine. I installed a new RDC control unit. I bought the Veepeak OBDCheck BLE+ and I bought the Bimmercode full version and installed it on my iPhone. I can get rid of the "Tire Pressure Monitor malfunction:" message when I code the Tire pressure control on Bimmercode, but as soon as I shut the X3 off and restart it, the "Tire Pressure Monitor malfunction:" error message appears again. Also, The Bimmercode options for coding are "Display pressure only, Display temperature and pressure or Not Active." My X3 has never shown the actual pressure or temperature, it just shows green tires when the TPMS is active and the tire pressure is okay.

tpms.jpeg

Hi John

Welcome to the Forum

When you installed the new RDC did you code it to the Chassis. Next have you cleared down all the Fault Codes as you are aware normally all tyres should be inflated then after driving the system recalibrates it's self 

It could be that one or more of the wheel sensors are not working correctly

Dave

Hi Dave.

Thank you for the welcome.

I'm new to coding, so I'm not sure if I coded the RDC to the Chassis. When I log into BimmerCode, I do select X3 as the vehicle. I don't think I can clear Fault Codes with Bimmercode. I think I might need to purchase BimmerLink for that? All the tires have the correct pressure and I had a local tire shop check the individual wheel sensors and they are all working.

John

Morning John

Old Dealer trick disconnect the battery (Neg First) and leave it for at least 15mins that should clear any Fault codes that may be in the memory. Then carry out a reset of the tyre monitoring system. If the fault returns there is something not right with the system, is the RDC the correct one for the car? If it is then I can only think you need it registered to the chassis 

Dave

Hello Dave.

Thank you for your response.

Tried the battery trick. Thanks youtube. Looks like it's the right replacement part. It bothers me that the BimmerCode options for coding are "Display pressure only, Display temperature and pressure or Not Active, like I might not have the right version for the X3 since the TPMS has always only shown green tires instead of the pressure and/or temperature. It does reset though and works until I drive it and shut it off and then I get the error again. I also have a 2015 X5 xDrive35i F15. It shows the tire pressure. Still not sure how to register the new RDC to the Chassis? 

John

old rdc.jpeg

new rdc.jpg

control rdc.jpg

Hi John

A friend in BMW has told me that early 2014 (Spring) the TPS sensors changed and cause issues with pre Spring control modules ?? So what month of manufacture for your car may give some clues

Dave

As an aside I was having TPS problems last year (2 failed) I brought a new set of wheel sensors from Amazon at less than half BMW cost and they work fine

Hi Dave

Nice to have friends in BMW right?

Looks like my X3 build month/year was 06/13. I'm thinking about giving BimmerLink a try before I start replacing sensors or batteries since my OBD adapter is compatible with my X5 too for any future things that might pop up. I'm going to call the dealership where I got the new RDC and see if they have any info also.

John

X3 build month.png

Friends in the right place always helps 😁 He was our was our neighbour for quite a while. Getting information sometimes is like the proverbial Blood from a Stone 😂 BMW tend to guard their secrets jealously 

With my X5 Inpa/Ista showed the failed sensors straight away so not an issue (other than getting the tyres removed to fit them that is !!)

Hope Bimmerlink helps you sort it 

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links