Contacting BMW re : part failure

Has anyone got experience of contacting BMW in UK about a potential part failure issue. I have retained an oil filter housing from a 650i which has cracked. Given this is a cast part I suspect there was a minute fault in the casting. Was at slow speed so no harm done other than a lot of oil on the road. However, this was a sudden failure on a 2006 car that is regularly serviced and am trying to understand why and I hope BMW can help. Have retained the part for metal analysis which may benefit the forum etc.  But how to start that conversation with BMW.

Any advice would be helpful

Morning Paul

BMW UK Customer Services would seem to be the logical place, but what use they will be I don't know. 

As with several other parts failures BMW tend to retain the damaged part so they are the only ones who have any evidence of number of failures and cause. My guess would be they will quote X thousand units in service with no known issues ?

In the USA there are several organisations who will take up the cause so all Manufacturers are faster with Recalls and supported replacement while in Europe we are fobbed off with "No knowledge of this being an issue" some times a "Good Will" payment but not often.

Keep at it 

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links