Question

paneuro

I need to remove the centre consul on my 2008 530D E61. I have trawled u tube for information on how to remove it and have got answers to most of my questions . I have managed to overcome most of the fastenings but the part i am stuck with is how to undo the end in front of the gear lever. I have managed to undo the two 7 mil screws at the front but cannot pull the consul back towards the gear lever. Do I have to remove the vertical panel where the ashtray is? is there fastenings behind this panel? I would have thought the 7 mil screws on each side would have been enough to hold it at the front. I hope I don't have to start pulling the front of the dash off to get at hidden screws. answers please. thanks Paneuro

Partial success, I have managed to remove my centre consul and get to the heart of the matter. A worn handbrake quadrant. Has anybody had the same problem? Does anybody know if BMW recalled any 5 series for this problem? I would have thought the teeth would have been hardened but after putting a file across them this is not the case. God only knows what a new one will cost? I can't check cause its Saturday but I will find out on Monday (will make sure I'm near a defib machine) If anybody has any ideas , please let me know. thanks Paneuro.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links