Question

paneuro

Hi, I have an E61 M-sport with a manual gearbox and would like to change the oil in the G/box and Diff. The car was manufactured on 16/09/2008 and as I am led to believe is an LCI model (not quite sure) but does anybody know if this car has a limited slip diff? thanks  Paneuro  p.s. vin no is WBAPX72030CT99157.

Morning Andrew

Take a look at www.realoem.com put the last 7 digits of your Vin into the search box it will bring up your model you should find all the information you need there

I dont think you have a limited slip diff as standard check a Vin decoder to get your build sheet in case the original owner ordered it with one

Dave

Hi Greydog, I obtained the original build sheet prior to buying the car and all I can see regarding the Drivetrain is the word HECK and the Transmission the word MECH. I assume the MECH means manual but the word HECK I have no idea on.  I cannot see anything about limited slip differential on there. The reason I ask the question is there are different type of oils for LSD and non LSD.

thanks Paneuro.

Hi Andrew

Heck is German for Rear (I think) just had a quick look at realoem and there are 2 Part numbers I have found (1) 33102284030 and 33102283062 that are LSD as fitted to the M5 cars interestingly they were also fitted to some of the LCI from 2005 to 2015

For your Chassis from the Vin shows a Part Number of 33107570478, also Realoem doesn't seem to show a manual option? Confused

If you can get part numbers from the car it may help

Dave

Hi Dave, I would probably have to get it on a ramp and start pulling the plastic undertray of.  It certainly has a 6 speed manual gearbox and after looking at the original order sheet it states M sport package but that's as much info as I can find for the moment. If I new how to put up a picture of the order spec sheet I could do that but short of that I'm stuck.

thanks Paneuro.

8 minutes ago, paneuro said:

Hi Dave, I would probably have to get it on a ramp and start pulling the plastic undertray of which I may have to do. It certainly has a 6 speed manual gearbox and after looking at the original order sheet it states M sport package but that's as much info as I can find for the moment. If I new how to put up a picture of the order spec sheet I could do that but short of that I'm stuck.

thanks Paneuro.

Hi Dave, I think I am just going to grasp the nettle and put the oil for the standard diff in and fingers crossed it will be ok? at my age I am not the proverbial flying scotsman, if I see 70 mph I must be going downhill with my eyes closed.  cheers Paneuro.

Morning Andrew

🤣 I know what you mean, as far as the Diff oil is concerned I wouldn't mind a bet that most of the cars out there have never had the gearbox, diff or transfer case serviced regardless of mileage. As an LSD has clutch plates I would tend to go with the LSD fluid to be safe.

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links