Apple car play upgrade

Saufboy

I have been looking at upgrading somehow to Apple CarPlay, I have seen various company’s offering a mmi unit but with various reviews good and bad, has anyone upgraded this with out taking the car apart to much with no issues and it works well…

Morning Julian

My X5 has an upgraded MMI (Android) which can accommodate CarPlay if needed never tried as I don't use Apple products from what I have read it seems straight forward though.

Have you tried downloading through BMW Connected drive ? There will be a cost no doubt but still worth a try

Dave

Hi Dave,

I already have connected drive, I just think as it was a late 15 it just doesn’t have the upgrade, I saw the MMi box from Droid UK but have seen some bad reviews which is kinda putting me off so was just seeing if anyone else recommended it, they also do the rear camera in the handle, all looks a bit cheap to be any good.

Hi Julian,

I've got an mmi box from droid uk and I'm about to disconnect it and get a refund. I've had it for about five months and since the start I've had issues with sound quality, Music breaking like an old cd, the touch screen doesn't work with it, and sometimes it won't connect at all. I'm sure it works perfectly for many people but not for me. I've even taken it out and refitted it and had the same problems.

I might try Defined Coding who can do it all for you in person or even with you remotely if you can't get to them in person.

Michael 

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links