E61 530d -04, Windows and Door locks open by themselves

t0nniz1

The doors open from the lock and the windows open about 1-2 times a month by themselves.

I've been explaining this for 2-3 months now, but I can't find the fault myself.
There is no fault code coming from this in any way, or at least I didn't notice that there was a fault code.
Now the help would be very useful.

Could, for example, the micro-switch of the driver's door lock do that?
Or as it was said somewhere that the SGM module could solve this problem?
However, the SGM Module is green in the ISTA module tree.

Before When someone says that they are sure that the button is not pressed at the bottom, then:
The key has run out of battery. In other words, nothing happens from the button on the key.

As I explained, I lock the doors from inside the car with the button on the center console and lock the driver's door from the door.
In addition, I make it a point to bring the key inside and check that the doors are locked when the key is on the table in my room.
And yet in the morning the doors are unlocked and the windows open

What could do this problem.?

Morning Toni

First dont dismiss the Key if it starts the car it is being charged when it's in the ignition. If it isn't communicating with the EWS or there is a fault with the EWS your issue could be in that area.

Dave

On 7/15/2022 at 10:01 AM, Greydog said:

Morning Toni

First dont dismiss the Key if it starts the car it is being charged when it's in the ignition. If it isn't communicating with the EWS or there is a fault with the EWS your issue could be in that area.

Dave

The doors open from the lock by themselves and the windows open by themselves at the same time during the night.

takes place for 1 month.
And the key buttons are not pressed once.
the key is up at night on my computer desk

Hi Toni

I've had/ have got a similar problem with my F10. The car would lock itself overnight when deliberately left open - this was because neither key fob would open the vehicle! Once inside with the manual key, the car wouldn't recognise either key fob, so wouldn't start! I was able to start it with some patience and ingenuity!

My local independent disconnected the driver's door comfort access unit, and reprogrammed the keys. The problem has gone away, although I no longer have comfort access.

The mechanic pointed out that the battery wasn't OEM, which may have something to do with it.

Phil

Hi Toni

You need a diagnostic scan, my guess is the EWS is faulty and not allowing the key to program it may just need reprogramming it's self or a new EWS fitted and matched to the DDE

The reason I said don't dismiss the Key is as Phillip says a key that has been tampered with can cause all sorts of issues

Stu on here had to fit a new EWS and reprogram it to his chassis and DDE plus programming new keys to fix the problem

If you can't DIY you need the help of someone with BMW Diagnostic capability

Dave

45 minutes ago, Greydog said:

Hi Toni

You need a diagnostic scan, my guess is the EWS is faulty and not allowing the key to program it may just need reprogramming it's self or a new EWS fitted and matched to the DDE

The reason I said don't dismiss the Key is as Phillip says a key that has been tampered with can cause all sorts of issues

Stu on here had to fit a new EWS and reprogram it to his chassis and DDE plus programming new keys to fix the problem

If you can't DIY you need the help of someone with BMW Diagnostic capability

Dave

The car starts normally with the key. And when I turn the key in the door, sometimes all the doors unlock, but very rarely. And also the only door that locks when you turn the key in the driver's door is only the driver's door.

But once every month the doors are locked and the windows open completely by themselves.

The problem is therefore unlikely to be the EWS

Silly idea….. can you lock the car remotely from your key location in the house? 
the reason I ask is that some cars are coded to have auto lock and a fail safe unlock feature.

if the battery is failing on the key fob, does the car recognise this and auto unlock the doors as a safety feature? 

the windows all coming down is also a clue that the fob maybe failing as holding the unlock button will open all doors and windows. This is also coded into the car individually.

also it’s worth checking that all the window runners and wills are clean. Some cars are fitted with a system that detects resistance and will open windows and doors if the tolerance goes up…. Like a child sticking his head in a closing window etc. 

remember, the key starring the car has nothing to do with the remote central locking, they are two separate entities. 

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links