2021 X5 test drive issues

Gjones

Hi. Buying a BMW is new to me. Don't know much about them, hope someone can shed some light on the issue. Took a 2021 X5 30d xdrive for a test drive last Friday.     5 minutes into our fest drive, it felt a bit sluggish when starting to accelerate, so we turned around to head back to the BMW dealer.... before arriving back a warning light came up 'drivetrain'. 

Bloke at BMW took it out for a spin, he came back with lots of smoke coming out. He said that he suspected that someone had put petrol in, instead of Diesel. 

Phoned us this morning to say that they suspect that its the EGR that's faulty. And they were going to change it. 

I don't know anything about cars, and I just thought maybe someone on this forum has had similar problems, or that the Salesman is giving us a load of B@*# S@#*.

Thanks 

Morning Gerallt 

Welcome to the Forum

Some dealers (not just BMW) just want to sell the car if it goes wrong offer a loan car ?? They seem to think that makes it OK. When they really should make sure the car is perfect before they sell not after.

My simple approach would be walk away you will always wonder what next? There are plenty of other cars out there and there will be another BMW Dealer close by so spread the net.

Legally the Dealer has to provide a vehicle that is "suitable for purpose" so you always have some protection in law.

I hope you find what you want

Dave

Run away. Most dealer warranties are hardly worth the paper they are written on, in my experience. If it has ANY issues during a test drive then I'd walk away. Dealer will tell you anything to get the sale but problems can be very expensive to fix. If some did put petrol in it then the damage to fuel system and engine etc. could easily write the car off. You've got to then prove that it wasn't you that did it - which is impossible.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links