Series 1 118i MSport Modifications

RGS

Hi everyone, before I start, Im fairly new to all the modifications with cars so will need help/suggestions!  I have a Series 1 118i MSport and looking to have some fun with it. ( I will be asking about Stage 1/2 remaps, Performance cold air induction kit (which supposedly adds 5-10 BHP) Cat Back exhausts and Body kits.

A stage 1 remap seems nice and easy to get as many places offer that. From what I have researched, it should take my car from 134 bhp - 170ish bhp. Would anyone recommend skipping the Stage 1 remap and going straight for a Stage 2? If so, what else would you suggest? I am interested in getting a new cat back exhaust, something which has a nice fruity engine sound (not chavvy) If any links to any exhausts to check out let me know. 

I have been looking at the MST Performance engine air induction kit, supposedly adds 5-10 bhp, I struggle to find any reviews on it, anyone got one and noticed any difference? 

To top off my essay, where on earth do I find body kits for my car? Every website I have possibly looked at just show body kits for the M140 / M135. Maybe Im blind? But I haven’t found anything.

After reading this, your probably thinking I should of just bought a Series 1 M1 class, but this is all part of the fun right…?

Thanks for the taking the time to read, any suggestions is greatly appreciated. 

Morning Ryan

Welcome to the Forum

I think it was Carol Shelby who famously said "Speed costs Money how fast can you afford to go" 

Bearing that in mind my personal approach is think about suspension and brakes as part of the whole package.

Take a look at look at www.realoem.com put the last 7 digits of your Vin into the search box then look at the relevant sections I would check the mountings for M sport bumpers and trim against the M sport models as I think there may be some variations. Getting an after market kit to fit well and look the part could be as expensive as all the other mods (but I am sure you know that) 

One of our sons friends has a 1 series he had a Stainless exhaust fitted with twin outlets by a place in Romford I think cost him around £600 from memory. 

Good luck and let us know how it is going, most important ENJOY your Beemer

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply! I shall have a look at the site suggestion and see if that helps, I have been looking at the after market kits and from what I have gathered, there fairly expensive but pretty good, however I have noticed there mostly from Europe as well so  god knows how much more expensive that will become! 

Regarding the exhaust, I have been informed that the downpipe may be a better solution for my car with the remap as it will provide my car with more power, this is something that I will have a look into more as I have not much knowledge on that. I most likely will be in touch with the guy who is going to do the remap to see what is compatible with it. I guess I then have a starting point from there.

Once again, thanks for your time. 

I shall keep you up to date in the near future.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links