Hey guys, New to BMW ownership and loving it...

Gaz1970

Hi Guys,

Good to be here...Been wanting a 5 series M Sport in Grey for years now, finally chopped in my family Mokka for a 2014 F10 in all of the above, loving the puppy big time and really enjoy driving again, it has a few cosmeting things I need to work on but its a real fine example of this great car.

Big ups and thanks for this great community.

Gaz

car1.jpg

On 12/4/2021 at 10:49 AM, X5smw said:

Morning Gaz and welcome! 
big change from a mokka… in a good way 😊

any questions, just ask. 
cheers

stu

Cheers Stu... Yeah is a big change, one I've been wanting to do for years but was car sharing with the missus so had to wait lol.

There is a question if you might have an idea, I literally can not connect my phone to bluetooth audio given I have the Harmon Kardon Sound System and I love my choons I really wanna get this sorted as surely you can with a 2014 BMW, although I did contact BMW support and they came back with a there is notnhing you can do your iPhone is not compatible, l then went through the online BMW bluetooth page and it says mine supports up to iPhone 6, I mean who has one of those these days lol, so they said you will need to purchase this cable connecting kit at 58 quid.. so Yeah if you have anyknow how or a solved thread in here be grateful as proppa wanna blast out some choons on my phone.

Cheers

Gaz

Morning Gary

Now you know why they say BMW stands for "Breaks My Wallet" 🤣 I take it you have cleared the Bluetooth memory in the car (there is a limit the number of phones that can be connected) If your phone is connected it should be just the Audio that needs turning on.

I remember my brother inlaw going through a bit of a Faff with getting streaming working on his last 2, 5 series. From memory you have to go into Mutimedia on the iDrive then Connections I think then select your phone to the right there is a Phone symbol (highlighted) and Music symbol probably not highlighted. Hit options on the iDrive controller, then configure device from memory the should be a check box to enable audio and your done. By the way he has an iPhone and she has a Samsung same process for both 

Have a check online it took two old blokes a morning to crack the first time but only a couple of hours with his new one trying to remember how 🤣

Hope this helps

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links