Which LED Halo’s & headlight lens washer arm probs!

Taylor77

Hi all, I’ve owned my 2009 3 series coupe for a week now,absolutely love it it’s my first BMW, it has the very tired looking dull DRL halo’s which I’d like to change to a white light does anyone have any suggestions on what bulbs I need and where to get them without bankrupting me!?   The other problem the car has is when I use the screen wash the washer arms under the headlights don’t retract properly. I have to press them back into place, one of them is kind of hanging by springs the other seems more solid, I’ve also been looking to do something with the phone charger,can they be adapted for a man iPhone 11?  Last thing is carplay connectivity? I’ve seen a bolt on kit by bimmertech which looks a fair bit of work but doable, the other was an android replacement screen with it all built in although I’ve never been a huge of android devices it would be nice to have a modern HD screen, both are around a whopping £450! Any alternatives or advice would be brilliant ,cheers guys!

7DCF5AEC-0AAE-46E1-8262-355308110ED7.jpeg

Morning Will

Welcome to the Forum

There are many sources of upgrade Angel Eye Lamps from Cree to some Chinese imports, Motor Factors Ebay or Halfords are all selling them. So as the saying goes we make our choice and pay our money, Cree are well respected and were one of the first in the HID/LED upgrade market.

As for the rest Iphone's have become a pain as they change the charge point and size, but you already know that the same is true of the other "nice to have" toys 

Me I just listen to that old V8 never ceases to keep this old boy amused

Good Luck Enjoy your Beemer

Dave

Haha cheers Dave I will look into the bulb brands you mentioned, I just want to bring my BMW up to date a little, also this morning have noticed a slight shake when I start the engine on idling not sure if I’m being paranoid (My first diesel) but always am when I’ve first bought a new car! Thanks again Dave 

Hi Will

Paranoia is good it can save serious wallet damage

Depending on how it's life was prior to you owning it will determine what you do, modern diesels are not happy with short journeys they never get hot enough to clear the emissions stuff EGR and DPF. So I would add some injector cleaner to the tank and run it through then the old "Italian tune up" (my son's description he has a Toyota pickup diesel ) As most of his journeys are short he puts the injector cleaner in runs it and then at the weekend gives it a good 50 mile Motorway blast (tune up) for part of it he keeps revs at around 3k in 4th this ensures the exhaust temperature gets high enough to let the DPF burn off the crud.We have cleaned his EGR twice simple but messy job.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Will

Just browsing the forum and picked on your point about the headlight washers. My 2012 E93 had a similar problem and although You-tube videos showed as a fairly straight forward job, my 66 year old bones didn't fancy the hours on a concrete floor to DIY.

Cost just over £200 in genuine BMW parts and labour from an independant. Have worked fine since but I don't often drive at night so don't get much use.

Hope this helps.

John

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links