buy 5 series

Hello everybody! I get my lience last year and save enough money to buy a F11/F10 5 series. I'm new with this kind of stuff and do you have any suggestions when I go to check the car(this to look for, common issues, ect)?

Morning Alp

Welcome to the Forum

Condition Condition Condition A well looked after car is generally a sign of someone caring for it, not a guarantee but an indication. Check the service history Check any MOT history, make sure everything in the car works as it should (there are no "only £5 on ebay quick fixes) then test drive. First before you start the engine make sure it is cold look underneath for any sign of leaks, check the levels oil, water etc. Now start it and let it idle no smoke or odd noises if happy test drive it.

Buy with your head not your heart there are lots out there so take your time.

Good Luck with the search

Dave

Hi Alp

Are you looking to buy privately or through a dealer?

I bought privately last year and although I love the car, it wasn't problem free. Both rear tyres had cuts in them which necessitated immediate replacement, one of the front shock absorbers was leaking and both of these faults / problems were almost impossible to see with the car on the ground. I guess I spent about a grand post purchase in getting the car up to 100% and that's on a £10K car. Just as a niggle, the Sat-Nav had never been updated from new, 7 years previously but fortunately I was able to get this from www.satnavupgrades.co.uk without spending a fortune for official and expensive BMW updates.

Had I bought through a dealer, I may have had some sort of guarantee which would have covered the tyres and shock absorber replacement but may have had to pay a higher price.

Pays your money and takes your choice.

Good luck with your search.

John

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links