New...

Countrylad

Hi all,

After a lifetime of Mini’s I decided it’s perhaps time to try something a bit different and made my way to looking at 1 Series. Slightly overwhelmed with the number of models and specs so hopefully I will be able to gain some information on here. At the moment I looking at 2010 era models - preferred diesels M-Sport.

I would always welcome any helpful tips and good specs to look for.

Thanks.

Hi Richard

There are some well documented issues with the early cars with N43 engines so look for one that has the N47 engine which is reputed to be better.

M-sport spec is the one to go for it has most of the bells and whistles.

Good luck with the hunt

Dave

Morning Richard

One of our son's ran a 1 series 3 door 118, he hammered it up and down to Warrington for a couple of years with work from memory it had around 160k on the clock when he sold it to a friend he plays football with who is still driving it, Lord knows how many miles it's done now but it still looks good.

Having a Dad with OCD about cars it was well maintained while our son had it and I think now it just gets an annual service. So they can be as tough as an old boot.

Good luck with the search

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping to view a 118d se coupe next week. Going to see how it compares to the m sport, which I would really prefer but if it looks clean, tidy and well maintained then might possible consider it. 

It’s from a dealer but still a better price than some private sales. Some people do have some what "high expectations’ of what they think their cars are worth!

Didn’t buy the 118d se, which although was a nice car wasn’t quite what I was after and decided that I wanted the m sport. A few days later I found a very nice 2009 5 door 118d m sport which had a nice spec including full brown leather interior, Professional i-drive with full width widescreen, electric sunroof, Electrically adjustable seats with driver’s memory, Factory removable towbar with electrics and a set of BMW winter wheels and tyres also the seller was a pleasure to deal with.

Looking forward to getting it and was well worth the long search.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links