JAM60

Hi,

Picking up (Hopefully) my X3 Saturday.......Small roadtrip 500 mile round trip! So hope its what I'm expecting.Had an aero kitted 3.0i a few years ago  but it kept on chewing actuator gears so sold it. 2nd time lucky.

Welcome to the Forum John

Mega engine in the X3 Enjoy

If your previous X was destroying the transfer box actuators it points to Tyre's or wrong diff at one end!! I did read of a 4.8 X5 brought cheap as it kept eating actuators turned out that a previous owner had replaced the rear diff with a second hand (wrong ratio) diff then pulled the fuse for the transfer box and traded it??

If your new X3 has the same size wheels all round they tend to be more forgiving but it is still better to change all 4 together and preferably from a reasonable manufacturer, if the set up is staggered then BMW recommend * rated tyres as they will have a very close rolling radius front and rear it doesn't take much variance to put stress on the transfer box. Reverse on a tight radius if you hear or feel clicking you will know. also if there is a clicking under the driver when you switch off. 

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links