Tailgate seal replacement help

JonSaved

Hi,

Has anyone replaced the rubber tailgate seal on a F25 X3 ?

I cannot find any videos or instructions online.
Does the lower sill have to be unscrewed and inclipped or can the seal be pulled out and new one installed without unscrewing and unclipped?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Morning Martin

Have you tried www.newtis.info it is a technical information site the same as used by BMW dealers. It has pictures and how too's and instructions on replacement and fitting most parts.

Hope this helps

Dave

OK, I finally tackled the tailgate seal replacement on my X3 F25. 
There are no instructions on the newtis site, but it does how to remove the luggage compartment lower sill.

So, go to this page on newtis.....

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f25-x3-xdrive20d-sav/repair-manuals/51-body-equipment/51-46-trim-panel-rear-window-storage-shelf-roller-sunblind/EWRbYIsy

When you get to the 4th image and you have the adjustable lashing rails installed then ignore that instruction and go here but don’t remove the wheel arch covers. Just remove the 2 screws at the top rear of the covers. That will give enough movement to remove other parts.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f25-x3-xdrive20d-sav/repair-manuals/51-body-equipment/51-47-floor-luggage-compartment-engine-compartment-trim-panel/Hd0ZVNnw

Go back to the first link.
One of the screws under the sill is tricky because of the proximity to the battery but is possible using a small 90 degree ratchet.

In the second to last image on the page it states remove the edge guard. That doesn’t appear to be possible so ignore it.
Lift off the sill which is held by 4 clips.

Remove the old seal and install the new one ensuring it is pushed on firmly. 
Ensure the vulcanised join in the seal is at the centre bottom.

Reassemble all the trim panels.
The instructions refer to replacing the clips. I had no trouble with any clips breaking.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links